It has been two years since I stepped into the entrepreneurial journey along with my husband. Why I choose my husband as my co-founder? Just one answer, at the time I was starting, I did not have any friends in my circle who were willing to walk the path with me sharing my vision and … Continue reading Not my husband’s helper
I get these same questions so often that I decided to turn this into a blog post:
I have a manuscript. How do I self-publish it?Before you self-publish this:
* If you have writer friends, get them to beta-read your manuscript.
* Get your manuscript edited.
* Get your manuscript proofread.
* Commission an cover for ebook (print/paper book cover will be separate).
* Get the book formatted for ebook (and print/paper book, when you’re ready for it).
* Create an account on Amazon and upload formatted ebook file.
* Set a price and make it ready for sale with a click
Do I publish as an ebook, or a print book?* Start off with the ebook.
* Get it formatted as an ebook.
* Upload to various vendors like – Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, pronoun.com etc. You cannot upload to many international vendors (like Apple) directly.
View original post 686 more words
I was 14 when I got my first period. My Mother was discreet about it. There was not a huge celebration, but she did call near and dear Aunties and conducted a small ceremony. I was very confused with the ambiguity of it. While I got my favourite sweets and dishes to eat, I had … Continue reading How I celebrated my daughter’s first period!
My daughter is twelve now. She is into sports, studies well and most importantly she is growing up to be a confident girl. Off late she shared these funny incidents when boys in her class teased her, and she warned them sometimes and then challenged them to arm wrestling, thumb fight, etc. She won most … Continue reading Girls are changing but Boys are still Boys
View original post 687 more words
Writing a travel blog was never part of the agenda when I went on a trip to Ladakh. Attribute it to the beauty of the place, ever since I caught the first sight of the lands, rather call them mountains, from the window of the plane, I knew that I would not be able to rest … Continue reading Journey of a lifetime
Back in 2014, I came across some articles and videos from people who came out and spoke about LGBT rights. My curiosity led me to further reading and watching some movies that blew up my mind. "How can society make anyone's life so difficult?" I wondered. It was during that time when I was jotting down every … Continue reading Why I wrote “The vengeful bride”