A fresh morning after a three-day long business event started with this news article http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/schoolteachers-find-liquor-in-water-bottles/article21389187.ece. There were messages and discussions among parents in various WhatsApp and Facebook groups wondering 'what's wrong?' with our children. Where are we going wrong as Parents and what can we do to protect our children from setting into such wrong … Continue reading Alcohol abuse in teens – What can a Parent do?
My write-up on internet safety for your child published on tinystep. Please read it and provide your views.
I had added One part woman to my reading list when I first came about the controversy surrounding it. If saffron terror raises voice against any book or person I tend to think that there is something of worth looking into. I cannot stop wondering why the right-wing activists of any religion are so much … Continue reading Review of One Part Woman by Perumal Murugan
I love travelling though I would not call myself a wanderlust by any means I promised myself that I will relax enough in life, see places, read books and understand the world, people and cultures as much as possible. I ensure that I travel two to three times a year always accompanied by my small … Continue reading Someplace like India – a week in Bali
Review of ‘The tree with a thousand apples’ by Sanchit Gupta The tree with a Thousand Apples. When I came across the title I wondered if the author was being figurative or optimistic. After my trip to Leh last year, I had left a piece of my soul in that beautiful land. A land that … Continue reading The deadliest sin in this world is to create evil around us
It has been two years since I stepped into the entrepreneurial journey along with my husband. Why I choose my husband as my co-founder? Just one answer, at the time I was starting, I did not have any friends in my circle who were willing to walk the path with me sharing my vision and … Continue reading Not my husband’s helper
I get these same questions so often that I decided to turn this into a blog post:
I have a manuscript. How do I self-publish it?Before you self-publish this:
* If you have writer friends, get them to beta-read your manuscript.
* Get your manuscript edited.
* Get your manuscript proofread.
* Commission an cover for ebook (print/paper book cover will be separate).
* Get the book formatted for ebook (and print/paper book, when you’re ready for it).
* Create an account on Amazon and upload formatted ebook file.
* Set a price and make it ready for sale with a click
Do I publish as an ebook, or a print book?* Start off with the ebook.
* Get it formatted as an ebook.
* Upload to various vendors like – Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, pronoun.com etc. You cannot upload to many international vendors (like Apple) directly.
View original post 686 more words